How do I know which courses I need to have taken in order to graduate?

  • In order to graduate, students are expected to complete the graduation requirements listed in the catalog that was in effect at the time they enrolled. If the requirements change while the student is pursuing a degree, the student will have a choice to continue with the old requirements, or accepting the new requirements in order to graduate. If the student sits out two consecutive semesters, the student will be readmitted under the current catalog.

When do I apply for graduation?

  • Most students will apply for graduation when enrolled in their final semester. Deadline for fall completers is December 1.  Deadline for spring and summer completers is March 1 in order to participate in graduation.

How do I apply for graduation?

  • Log into iCloud. Click on the Students tab, select Graduation, then APPLY FOR GRADUATION

What are the requirements for graduation?

  • Completion of general education requirements
  • Completion of a minimum of 62 credit hours and an overall GPA of at least 2.0. Courses must be level 100 or above.
  • Technical courses typically will not count toward AA or AS degree requirements.
  • No more than 12 hours of PE activity course credits can be used toward any of Cloud’s associated degrees.
  • A student must earn 15 of their 62 hours at Cloud County Community College. These courses must be 100 level or above.

What are the requirements to graduating with honors?

  • A student meeting all graduation requirements for Cloud County Community College and who has a 3.6 GPA or higher for all college credit hours completed (Cloud County Community College credits and all transfer hours) may be designated an Honor Graduate.

Is there a graduation fee?

  • Yes, there is a graduation fee of $30 that will be applied to your student account.

When/where is commencement?

  • Commencement is held once a year in May and typically the Friday following the last day of spring finals. Location is the CCCC Arley Bryant Gymnasium in Concordia.

Do I still receive a diploma if I have a hold on my student account?

  • All student accounts must be settled with the Business Office before students receive their diplomas.

Do I have to attend the graduation ceremony to receive my degree?

  • Students are not required to attend the ceremony. 

What name appears on my diploma?

  • While filling out the graduation application, the default name for the student will show as the name that appear on their diploma. However, if a student has an alternate name that they wish to appear, it can be changed at that time.

Where do I get my cap and gown?

  • Caps and gowns will be available either in the Student Records Office in Concordia or on the Geary County Campus. The college will notify students on the Cloud Now app and through their student email when ready to be picked up.

When will I receive my diploma?

  • Students will receive their diploma 4-6 weeks after commencement, barring any delays in shipping. A digital diploma will also be emailed to you within two weeks.

I graduated yesterday. Why isn’t my degree on my transcript?

  • After graduation, the Student Records Office must confirm that each graduate has finished all of the academic requirements of their program. This process is called “conferring a degree” and usually takes a week after commencement. 

I’ve lost or damaged my diploma. Can I get it replaced?

  • Yes, you can get your diploma replaced for a $40 fee. Email Student Records for further assistance.