A college education is among the most valuable investments a person can make. Many of Cloud County Community College's students rely on financial aid to help with the expenses of a college education. Our staff can assist you in filling out the FAFSA, access financial aid records and discuss your personal financial situation with you.
Steps to Receive Financial Aid
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Filling out the FAFSA is the most important step for receiving money for college. You can apply online at www.fafsa.gov. Be sure to use CCCC’s school code: 001909 and allow at least two weeks for your information to be processed.
2. Apply for a degree. Enroll as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program.
3. Submit Transcripts. As a degree seeking student you must submit high school transcripts and all prior college transcripts before financial aid will be awarded.
4. Follow up on additional information requests. Steps 1-3 only gets you started. After that, additional forms and documents may be needed to complete your file, academic record, or to request student loans and scholarships.
Types of Financial Aid
1. Grants are forms of aid that do not have to be repaid. They are awarded to students who show financial need on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Click here for more Grant information.
2. Scholarships do not require repayment. They are awarded based on various factors, such as academic talent, participation in certain activities, special interests, or financial need. Scholarship requirements and applications procedures vary depending upon the criteria set by the scholarship provider. Click here for more scholarship information.
3. Student Loans must be repaid, but have a fairly low interest rate. Student Loans are received from the William D. Ford Direct Loan Program. Click here for more loan information
4. Federal Work Study programs are available to students with financial need. Students who qualify may work up to 10-12 hours per week either on the Concordia Campus, Geary County Campus, or at specified off campus location. Click here for more work study information.
Please contact the Financial Aid office at 1-800-729-5101, ext. 281 for more information.