CCCC 50th anniversary

Cloud County Community College

Concordia  •  Geary County  •  Online  •  Outreach

Admissions Requirements

Select what type of student you are...

Visit Campus - Experience Cloud first hand. On your personalized visit you'll get to meet with an academic advisor in your major, tour campus, meet an athletic coach or activity sponsor, and visit with an admissions counselor. You can schedule a visit anytime Monday-Friday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.

Take the ACT - Some colleges require it, some don't. The ACT is not part of Cloud's admission requirements; however, if you take it and score a 26 or higher, you are eligible for our ACT scholarship.

Apply for Admission - There is no application fee, but you will need to send a copy of your transcript(s) and ACT scores if available.

$$$ - Nearly 90% of Cloud students receive some financial assistance to pay for college. In addition to athletic and activity scholarships, Cloud students can receive academic and foundation scholarships. The deadline is April 1, but you can apply as early as November. For more information on these scholarships or how to apply, contact an admissions representative.

Complete the FAFSA - The Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA) is available online at Priority deadline is April 1. Cloudӳ Federal School Code is 001909.

Apply for Housing - Residence Life contracts will be available online in the early spring semester. Personal preference will be granted on a first come, first serve basis.

Sign Up for Freshman Enrollment - Make an appointment to attend a Freshmen Enrollment Day. Once dates have been set you will receive a letter in the mail. It is crucial that you call Admissions and reserve a spot to enroll. Get in as early as you can so you can enroll in the classes you want!

Non-traditional students should follow these steps to apply and enroll in classes:

  1. Complete the application for admissions online.
  2. Request an official high school transcript, including final grades and graduation date, or GED examination results to be sent directly to the Admissions Office, 2221 Campus Drive, Concordia, KS 66901.
  3. Request official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions to be sent directly to the address stated above.
  4. Students who do not meet the requirements of college English or Math will be required to take the ASSET/COMPASS placement test.
  5. Students who are admitted as non-degree seeking are not required to submit transcripts. Should the student status change to "degree seeking" all transcripts must be received.

In order to apply and enroll for Online Classes, please follow these three steps:

  1. Complete and submit the Admissions Form, and choose "Internet" as your primary campus. You will receive a confirmation email when you submit your application.
  2. When your application has been processed, you will receive an email with your iCloud login username and password. If you have a Yahoo, Hotmail, or Gmail address, monitor your junk/bulk email folder. In addition to the email, you will receive a letter in the mail with the same information.
  3. Login to iCloud to complete the Enrollment Data Update form and select your classes.

How do I Apply for Admission?

  1. If you do not have a completed Admissions Form on file with Cloud County Community College, your first step is to complete and submit the online Application for Admission form.
  2. Make arrangements to have required transcripts and test scores forwarded to the college. This is especially important if you intend to enroll in courses having pre-requisites - Examples: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra and English Composition I.

    Transcript and test scores should be routed to the following address.
    Cloud County Community College
    Attn: Student Records
    P.O. Box 1002
    Concordia, KS 66901

    You may proceed with enrolling courses that do not have prerequisites while your transcripts and test scores are enroute to us.
  3. If you plan to utilize federal financial aid, gather any information necessary to complete federal financial aid application forms. Use the Cloud Online Shortcuts links above to access the Financial Aid Office page.

How do I enroll in classes?

  1. Preview the Tech Requirements page for updated minimum technology requirements. Submission of the enrollment form implies your agree to provide for yourself the minimum technology requirements identified.
  2. When you receive the email with your iCloud login credentials, follow these steps:
    1. Login to iCloud.
    2. Complete the Enrollment Data Form update.
    3. Select your courses. Use the Online Student Enroll Guide (~317KB PDF) if you need a walk-through of how to select courses.
  3. The Online Clerk will send to you an e-mail invoice for tuition, fees, and textbooks. You will have 10 business days to respond, or to contact the Online Clerk to make other payment arrangements. The ways by which you may make payment are described in the materials linked to the Payment Options section.
  4. If you chose to purchase your textbooks through our bookstore, your books will be mailed within a few business days. Your instructor(s) will contact you with instructions for beginning the course.

To be considered for admission to Cloud County Community College, international students must have graduated from the equivalent of a U.S. high school (12 years of education) and submit the following documents:

  1. Application for Admission: Please be sure to include your foreign address under "permanent address" and include your country of birth and country of citizenship.
  2. Academic Transcripts (secondary school and university level): Official copies of academic records for all course work completed in secondary schools, colleges and universities within and outside the U.S. must be submitted. All documents must have English translations. Make sure your full name is on each document. All records become Cloud County Community College property and will not be returned. Records should give detailed information including courses studied and grades earned. The grading scale and number of course hours attempted should be noted when possible. Transcripts from U.S. institutions should be sent in a sealed envelope directly from the institution to Cloud’s Admissions Office. Students who wish to have foreign coursework accepted for credit at Cloud, must have their foreign credits evaluated by an accredited, independent agency such as World Education Services, Educational Perspectives, or Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
  3. Financial Support Letter: A hand-signed letter or statement from the student's sponsor verifying financial support. The statement must be in English and the student's name must be included in the statement. This letter must be dated within six months of the start of classes and signed by the student and the sponsor.
  4. Bank Statement: A certified bank statement dated within six months of the start of classes showing the equivalent of $11,000 USD. This verifies that the sponsor has sufficient funds for sponsoring one year of study at Cloud. This is the estimated, one year cost for tuition, books, fees, housing and living expenses.
  5. English Proficiency: Students whose country's official language is not English must document their English proficiency in one of the following ways:
    1. A minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 61 (IBT, internet based) or 500 (PBT, written test) is required.
    2. Academic credit of 12 hours or more from a U.S. college or university.
  6. SEVIS Fee: The U.S. government now requires the payment of a non-refundable $200 SEVIS fee for all international students before issuing a visa. This fee is paid to the U.S. government NOT Cloud County Community College. There are three methods of payment:
    1. Electronically, by completing Form I-901, through the Internet ( using a credit card. Print your receipt before you exit this website, as it will not be available after you exit.
    2. Through the mail, by submitting Form I-901, together with a check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank and payable in U.S. currency. (To obtain Form I-901, please go to )
      Submit the fee at least three business days before the scheduled visa interview if you are submitting it electronically. If you are submitting by mail please allow 4 or more weeks and send it to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security address listed on the Form I-901.
      Students must bring a paper receipt (Form I-797) with them to the visa interview. This receipt can be printed off after internet payment or will be mailed to the student from the U.S. government. Although some embassies may be able to verify payment electronically, students are encouraged to bring paper receipts (Form I-797).
  7. Transfer students from within the U.S. :
    Transfer students must complete items #1-6 and have a "transfer request form" from the previous school on file.
    • What is a "Transfer Request Form? This form verifies that the student is eligible for transfer. The form must be completed by an International Advisor from the previous school. Cloud’s Transfer Request Forms are available in the Admissions Office.
    • What if I am Out of Status? You may request to have your previous school transfer your SEVIS record as needing reinstatement, OR you may request an initial entry I-20 from Cloud, depart the U.S. and then reenter the U.S. on Cloud’s initial entry I-20 before the start of the semester. This reentry allows the student to become eligible to be a Cloud student. (If the student's visa is expired, a new visa will need to be obtained before reentering the U.S.)
    • When is my transfer complete? Under U.S. law, transfer procedures are not completed until the student enrolls in classes and Cloud registers this enrollment in SEVIS.
  8. Permanent Resident Aliens:
    A student with permanent residence approval by the U.S. government may establish Kansas residency in the same manner as described under the General Admissions section of the Cloud County Community College Catalog. In addition, he/she must present their resident alien card (green card) to the Director of Admissions/PDSO for documentation at the first time of enrollment.

Cloud County Community College welcomes undergraduate veteran, active duty, and reservist students.

What you need to know

  • To be eligible for VA educational benefits you must be a degree-seeking student with a declared major.
  • Veterans are paid according to the number of credits they are enrolled in and the length of term and/or course.

Commonly Asked Questions:

Q. May I apply for financial aid even though I am receiving VA benefits?

A. Yes, veterans are also eligible to receive financial aid along with VA benefits. To apply for financial aid please contact Cloud’s Financial Aid Office.

Q. Will I receive VA benefits for any course I enroll in?

A. If the course you enroll in is required for your degree, you will receive payment. There are some courses that are not required for a degree with Cloud County that considered “hobby” courses; for example, Ceramics, Woodworking, and Painting. Once you have reached the maximum credit hours to complete an associate degree, any courses eligible for benefits must be required for your program of study.

Q. Will VA pay for internet courses?

A. Yes. You have to enroll through our web site. Advisor approval and payment in full are required before a student is considered officially enrolled. These courses are considered to be “distance learning” by the VA.

For more information contact:
Department of Veterans Affairs
Education Service
1-888-GI Bill-1

Patti Elliott
VA Representative
Cloud County Community College
1-800-729-5101 ext. 207

Higher Learning Commission Mark of Affiliation


Cloud County Community College

2221 Campus Drive   •   Concordia, KS 66901   •   800-729-5101

Military friendly school