Students contacting Advisement should have the following information ready:
- Name and student ID number
- Major, if applicable
- Semester of their last Cloud course
- Students with credits from other colleges must have transcripts from these colleges on file in Cloud's Student Records Office. Students should contact their previous colleges as soon as possible to avoid advising delays.
- Test scores, if applicable. Students who have taken the ACT or SAT within the last three years should have scores on file. Students who do not have scores on file will take the Compass Placement Test.
- Transfer university, if applicable.
Because each student is unique, advisors make recommendations based upon individual student transcripts. Advisors analyze transcripts and assist students in choosing courses that support their life and career goals.
Concordia, Online, and Outreach Student Advisement
The Concordia Campus Advisement Center is located in the Student Union. The Center is open daily from 8 am to 5 pm with faculty advisors working on rotating shifts. Advisors are also available at other times by appointment. Students are assigned a faculty advisor within their program of study. Students may schedule an appointment with their advisor by contacting the Advisement Center at:
Contact Concordia Campus Advisement:
1-800-729-5101 ext. 275
Geary County Campus Student Advisement
The Geary Campus Advisement Center is conveniently located in Building A at 631 Caroline Avenue, in Junction City. The Center is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., while classes are in session and 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Fridays. Professional advisors are available to students by appointment and walk-in basis.
Contact GCC Advisement:
1-800-729-5101 ext. 713
The Advisement Center has received two national awards for their service to students. The National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) and American College Testing (ACT) honored the Advisement Center as the Outstanding Two Year College Advising Program in the Nation. This is the highest honor awarded to college advising programs. The Advisement Center, along with Cloud’s Learning Center, also received the National Center for Student Retention Award of Excellence.