Veteran Services Introduction Video


Hello! I am Steph Pitchford, Student Support Specialist and the VA Certifying Official for the Junction City Campus. Patti Elliot is my counterpart and also the Assistant Registrar at the Concordia Campus.

A little on what we do. We help students using federal and state tuition assistance, MyCAA, and anyone using Veteran’s Education benefits. We can also help you with applying and managing Veterans’ Education benefits on

Patti and I also are responsible for certifying veteran enrollment, updating changes to enrollment, and submitting tuition and fees to the VA.

What types of veteran education benefits are used at Cloud? A few of the most common types of GI Bill programs our students at Cloud use are:

Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill. This is a benefit for up to 36 months depending on the active duty service. It covers up to 100% tuition and fees paid directly to the school, covers money for housing (depending on where you are attending classes and if you are attending more than half-time). There’s money for books and supplies, up to $1,000 per school year. Also, it is possible to maybe transfer unused benefit to your dependents as well.

Another is Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill this is a 36-month benefit depending on your active duty service. The amount of monthly payments can vary depending on if you participated in a buy up program or qualify for a college fund or kicker. You still owe the college for tuition and fees because this money is paid to you directly.

Chapter 35 Survivors’ and Dependents’ Education Assistance or (DEA). This is for children or spouse of a veteran who died on active duty or is permanently disabled due to a service-connected disability. It is a monthly stipend paid directly to the student. Also, this student still owes for tuition and fees as they are paid directly.

What do you need to get started using your benefits here at Cloud? If you are new to the GI Bill you need to go onto and apply to start using your benefit. If you’ve possibly used your GI Bill at another school, but want to use it at Cloud, you’ll need to go onto and file a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training. Or also, a 22-1995. Then you’ll want to fill out our Veteran’s Information Form. Also, if you are a service member, we need your DD214 Member 4, and then also a Certificate of Eligibility or a Statement of Benefit if you are using the Post 9/11 GI Bill.

If you have questions about anything mentioned previously, you are welcome to email Patti or I at Thank you for your time.

Stephanie Pitchford – VA Certifying Office, Junction City Campus