Transfer Students

Transfer students seeking a degree or certificate must request transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions be directly sent to the Admissions Office, 2221 Campus Drive, Concordia, KS 66901. Transfer credit will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis and converted to the semester-hour system. Transfer students with academic sanctions from previous institutions may enroll at Cloud on probation.

Concurrent Students

High school sophomores, juniors and seniors, including home-schooled students, may enroll concurrently in college courses with written permission from the high school principal. A yearly cooperative agreement with the school district or the home study school must be on file with the college for college credit to be granted. Individual student permission forms must be submitted each semester. Students can contact the high school counselor, concurrent coordinator or Cloud's Coordinator of Concurrent Enrollment for more information.

Gifted Students

Students who are freshmen in high school and enrolled in a recognized gifted program may enroll in college courses. Written permission from the high school principal and a copy of the student’s IEP must be on file at the college for college credit to be granted. The IEP must be renewed each academic year.  Students below the 9th grade level will not be allowed to enroll in or to audit college classes.

Continuing Students

Former Cloud County Community College students who have not attended in the previous year must complete a new application for admission. Apply for Admission here.

It is the responsibility of all students to inform Cloud County Community College of attendance at other institutions and provide the college with official transcripts from those institutions. If admissions requirements are not met, a student will be placed on an Admissions Hold with no transcript of coursework at Cloud being released until the requirements are filled.

Non-Degree Seeking Students

Students who are admitted as non-degree seeking are not required to submit transcripts unless the student is taking a course with a prerequisite. Should the student status change to “degree seeking”, all transcripts must be received before financial aid, including scholarships and grant-in-aid awards, will be dispersed.

Transient Students

Transient students are non-degree seeking students enrolled in Cloud courses with the intent of transferring Cloud credit hours back to his/her home institution. (Students taking Cloud courses with a prerequisite will need to submit an official transcript from his/her home institution as proof of meeting prerequisite.)

A transient student is defined as one of the following:

1. Currently enrolled (taking classes) as a student at another college or university (referred to here as “home institution”) OR

2.  Taking a break in attendance (not enrolled in the current term) from a home institution AND  the intention of transferring any earned Cloud credits back to a home institution without making a declaration to graduate from Cloud.