Tryouts for the 2013-2014 Thunderbird Cheer Squad will be held Saturday, April 13, 2013, in Arley Bryant Gymnasium. All materials must be received prior to tryouts and are due by Thursday, March 28, 2013.
Late applications can be accepted by emailing Coach Nordell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before tryouts, please send the following:
- Schedule a college visit with the Cloud County Admissions Office
- Cheer Tryout Application
- A letter of recommendation from current or recent coach, instructor, etc.
- A Short essay entitled “Why I want to be a T-Bird Cheerleader or Yell Leader
- Recent Senior Photo - Wallet size
Please send all materials to:
Cloud County Community College Thunderbolt Dance
Attn: Coach Carleen Nordell
2221 Campus Drive P.O. Box 1002
Concordia, KS 66901-1002
The Audition Schedule:
1:00 pm Registration & Meeting
1:30 pm Stretching
2:00 pm * Cheer Technique will be demonstrated and gone through.
* Cheer Tryouts begin – (Each person will perform a cheer and chant).
* Then you will learn a Fight Song routine and perform it in a group
3:30 pm Interviews with the judges – After interviews you will be free to leave
Tryouts (What Cloud is looking for):
- Person with good Cheerleading Technique
- The ability to learn routines
- Must be a performer! (High Energy person!)
- Positive role model for Cloud County Community College
Tryouts will consist of:
- Your cheer and chant
- Technique and Stunting (Partner and all-girl stunting)
- Interviews – questions to get to know you better.
Black shorts, Sports top or t-shirt, Cheer shoes or athletic shoes, Hair should be pulled back in a clean ponytail or bun. Earring studs are allowed –No other jewelry.
Tryouts are closed to public, but it may be videotaped for the judge’s purposes only. You will be contacted a week later with results!
Private /Video Auditions:
All those interested in trying out for the Cloud County Cheer Squad are encouraged to tryout in
person at the April 13, 2013 audition. Private in-person or video auditions may be accepted with prior approval for those with conflicts or travel restraints. A private audition can be scheduled by e-mail or phone.
All correspondence and communication must be initiated by the candidates/Thunderbird Cheerleaders or Yell Leaders and not another family member.
*All those participants selected for final team are required to sign a Letter of Intent and enroll for fall classes. Dates will be given to you when you are selected.