CCCC 50th anniversary

Cloud County Community College

Concordia  •  Geary County  •  Online  •  Outreach

International Students


To be considered for admission to Cloud County Community College, international students must have graduated from the equivalent of a U.S. high school (12 years of education) and submit the following documents:

1. Application for Admission: Please be sure to include your foreign address under "permanent address" and include your country of birth and country of citizenship.

2. Academic Transcripts (secondary school and university level): Official copies of academic records for all course work completed in secondary schools, colleges and universities within and outside the U.S. must be submitted. All documents must have English translations. Make sure your full name is on each document. All records become Cloud County Community College property and will not be returned. Records should give detailed information including courses studied and grades earned. The grading scale and number of course hours attempted should be noted when possible. Transcripts from U.S. institutions should be sent in a sealed envelope directly from the institution to Cloud’s Admissions Office. Students who wish to have foreign coursework accepted for credit at Cloud, must have their foreign credits evaluated by an accredited, independent agency such as World Education Services, Educational Perspectives, or Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.

3. Financial Support Letter: A hand-signed letter or statement from the student's sponsor verifying financial support. The statement must be in English and the student's name must be included in the statement. This letter must be dated within six months of the start of classes and signed by the student and the sponsor.

4. Bank Statement: A certified bank statement dated within six months of the start of classes showing the equivalent of $11,000 USD. This verifies that the sponsor has sufficient funds for sponsoring one year of study at Cloud. This is the estimated, one year cost for tuition, books, fees, housing and living expenses.

5. English Proficiency: Students whose country's official language is not English must document their English proficiency in one of the following ways:

a. A minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 61 (IBT, internet based) or 500 (PBT, written test) is required.
b. Academic credit of 12 hours or more from a U.S. college or university.

6. SEVIS Fee: The U.S. government now requires the payment of a non-refundable $200 SEVIS fee for all international students before issuing a visa. This fee is paid to the U.S. government NOT Cloud County Community College. There are three methods of payment:

a. Electronically, by completing Form I-901, through the Internet ( using a credit card. Print your receipt before you exit this website, as it will not be available after you exit.
b. Through the mail, by submitting Form I-901, together with a check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank and payable in U.S. currency. (To obtain Form I-901, please go to )

Submit the fee at least three business days before the scheduled visa interview if you are submitting it electronically. If you are submitting by mail please allow 4 or more weeks and send it to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security address listed on the Form I-901.

Students must bring a paper receipt (Form I-797) with them to the visa interview. This receipt can be printed off after internet payment or will be mailed to the student from the U.S. government. Although some embassies may be able to verify payment electronically, students are encouraged to bring paper receipts (Form I-797).

7. Transfer students from within the U.S.: Transfer students must complete items #1-6 and have a "transfer request form" from the previous school on file.

a. What is a "Transfer Request Form? This form verifies that the student is eligible for transfer. The form must be completed by an International Advisor from the previous school. Cloud’s Transfer Request Forms are available in the Admissions Office.
b. What if I am Out of Status? You may request to have your previous school transfer your SEVIS record as needing reinstatement, OR you may request an initial entry I-20 from Cloud, depart the U.S. and then reenter the U.S. on Cloud’s initial entry I-20 before the start of the semester. This reentry allows the student to become eligible to be a Cloud student. (If the student's visa is expired, a new visa will need to be obtained before reentering the U.S.)
c. When is my transfer complete? Under U.S. law, transfer procedures are not completed until the student enrolls in classes and Cloud registers this enrollment in SEVIS.

8. Permanent Resident Aliens: A student with permanent residence approval by the U.S. government may establish Kansas residency in the same manner as described under the General Admissions section of the Cloud County Community College Catalog. In addition, he/she must present their resident alien card (green card) to the Director of Admissions/PDSO for documentation at the first time of enrollment.


INTERNATIONAL STUDENT INSURANCE: Each student on a F1 visa is required to have proof of international student health insurance. F1 students will purchase insurance through International Student Insurance (ISI), Cloud County Community College's selected provider. For more information on the International Student Health Insurance requirement or to purchase the insurance on the CCCC International Student Insurance page.


Higher Learning Commission Mark of Affiliation


Cloud County Community College

2221 Campus Drive   •   Concordia, KS 66901   •   800-729-5101

Military friendly school