- Dean, Division of Humanities, Social and Behavioral Sciences,
- Business and Education
- Director of Theatre and Public Speaking Instructor
- 1968: AA Cloud County Community College
- 1971: BSE University of Kansas
- 1979: MA Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
- Post-graduate: St. Francis College, Loretto, PA
- Acting study: Julliard, NYC
Susan Sutton began teaching English, speech and drama, and directing plays at Cloud County Community College in fall l975. In l968, she was in the 2nd graduating class from Cloud when courses were held in the local high school. There, Sutton appeared in the first College drama production, “Mr. Barry’s Etchings,” playing a counterfeiter’s girlfriend .
After Sutton’s freshman year at Cloud County, she started the Brown Grand Players community theatre group. With help from many of her theatrically-minded student friends, they mounted their first show, The Heiress, and performed it in front of the movie screen because, at the time, the Brown Grand was exclusively a movie theatre. The Brown Grand Players remain an active performing organization.
Over her teaching tenure at Cloud, Sutton has directed over 150 productions, written a number of plays, and co-written “The Chosen,” a story about real-life Orphan Train Riders. The play went all the way to off-Broadway in 2005 – complete with the Cloud County cast.
Sutton currently serves on the board of the Kansas Humanities Council.